About the Kiiskilä manor
Wonders of history: from Catherine II to the revival in the XXI century
There are many amazing twists and turns in the history of Kiiskilä. The first mention of the manor dates back to 1562. In 1816, the owner of the manor, Friedrich Dannenberg, built the main house according to the design of the French architect Villiers. Friedrich's daughter, Julia Dorothea, bound herself with Leopold Krohn - the son of the first Russian industrial brewer Abraham Krohn, whose professional success is associated with Empress Catherine II. In the next two centuries, the main building of the estate went through being a family nest, a home for the disabled, a military hospital, an orphanage, and a pioneer camp. In 2016 the efforts of a well-known Russian surgeon Ilya Sleptsov gave the manor a second life. A thorough restoration of the main building began. The goal of the project is creating a cultural centre, museum and exhibition complex in the manor. Visit Kiiskilä and get to know its amazing history, architecture and surroundings!